Essential Duties: Include, but are not limited to:
- Transport passengers as dispatched.
- Be a Courteous driver with respect to passengers, other drivers and pedestrians.
- Maintain daily service logs, including ridership, mileage, maintenance and fares collected.
- Vehicle inspection, and assure that the vehicle operated is properly serviced.
- Provide regular vehicle reports, including immediately report of incident/accidents.
- Report any unsafe conditions immediately
- Clean vehicles on a regular basis
- Maintain adequate time records.
- Assist passengers as prescribed, including semi-ambulatory and wheelchair passengers.
- Work flexible hours. Drivers are paid for actual time driving or when engaged to wait on passengers.
- Adhere to confidentiality and all policies of RTEC
- Provide escort of clients when required.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor or Dispatcher.
High School or General Education Diploma (GED), minimum of five (5) years driving experience, valid Kentucky driver’s license, good driving record, and a clear background record check with no history of violent behavior. Must have the ability to maintain adequate service records and ability to operate a vehicle in a safe manner and report any unsafe conditions found, must pass the Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination, must remain drug & alcohol free and participate in on going testing. Must be able to push, pull, stoop and bend to assist wheelchair passengers and secure in tie-down, must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds, must be insurable and bondable. Must be trainable, pass and maintain certifications in training provided by RTEC, including:
- Passenger Assistance Techniques,
- Hazardous Communications Program
- Defensive Driving
- Vehicle Maintenance
- First Aid/CPR, Bloodborne Pathogens
- System Safety and Security Training