Under the general supervision of the Cafeteria Manager, restocks and replenishes food service supplies, cleans and assists Manager in all facets of Cafeteria operation. Ability to attend work as needed on a regular basis and work extra hours if needed.
- Clears all used tableware, napkins and refuse from tables to tubs in bus station and wipes tables, table legs, chairs, chair legs and clears debris and crumbs from floor areas surrounding tables.
- Maintains a clean, well-stocked and orderly cafeteria at all times in order to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Retrieves cleaned dishes, glassware and utensils from dish room and distributes to service station in order to keep a ready supply available for cafeteria use.
- Sweep floors, cleans counters & equipment throughout shift to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive establishment. Mop floors at the end of each shift. Follow all Health Department standards.
- Retrieves requisitioned items from stockroom, ensuring requisition is complete and correct, and stocking supplies in proper places, rotating stock at all times.
- Assist with orders, serving and cash register as required.
- Check all restrooms periodically to be sure they are clean and supplies are adequate.
- Provide assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the food service operation.
- Must have previous food service experience including cooking and preparing food and possess a food handler’s license.
- Must understand proper food service, health department rules and regulations provided by food handler’s class.
- Minimum: High School diploma or GED.
- Physical Requirements: Stretching, walking, bending and stooping to reach supplies, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.